After making my Paleo Bread I decided to experiment with some other options. What I discovered is that it's super-easy to make a variety of breads or loaves using the same basic recipe. Here's a banana one that's delicious.
¼ c chopped sunflower seeds
¼ c chopped flax seeds
¼ c chopped hemp seeds
½ c chopped walnuts
1 ¾ c almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbs gluten free flour
1 tsp sea salt
3 ripe bananas
1 tbs honey/maple syrup/sugar free maple syrup (optional)
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
4 tbs coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla paste
For sprinkling prior to baking - 2-3 tbsp chopped walnuts.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and flour a loaf tin.
2. In a food processor, chop sunflower seeds, flax seeds and walnuts together then put aside in a separate container.
3. Place eggs, honey (if using), apple cider vinegar, bananas, coconut oil and salt into a food processor and mix well.
3. Add all dry ingredients to the food processor and mix well. This mixture is like a batter rather than a bread dough.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and smooth out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the extra walnuts on top.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until golden. Use skewer to test. Remove from oven and cool in the tin before turning out.
Note: If you don't have these exact seeds, use what you have; likewise with the nuts. Substituting is fun and as long as you use the same quantities, it will turn out fine.