As best I can, I avoid gluten, wheat and dairy, although I'm by no means perfect. This bread hits the spot as toast with my peanut butter in the mornings. Come and I'll show you how to make it.
This is so super-easy and takes only a few minutes to make.
¼ c chopped sunflower seeds
¼ c chopped flax seeds
¼ c chopped pumpkin seeds
¼c chopped walnuts
1 ¾ c almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbs gluten free flour
1 tbs honey or maple syrup (optional)
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
4 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
For sprinkling prior to baking - 1 tbs each of sunflower/pumpkin/chia seeds.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and flour a loaf tin.
2. Chop sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts in food processor then place in large bowl with chia seeds, almond meal, bicarb and flour.
3. Add eggs, honey (if using), vinegar, coconut oil and salt and mix well to combine. This mixture is like a batter rather than a bread dough.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and smooth out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the extra seeds on top.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until golden. Use skewer to test. Remove from oven and cool in the tin before turning out.
For Banana Paleo Bread see my new recipe here.